Re: [sc-dev] Towards SC 4

- real debugger (this is doable currently, maybe two person-weeks of work on the VM, and a similar amount of work on the IDE to support)

+1 for real debugger.

Do we have anything now apart from tracing messages to console ?

- Taking the CV class (and maybe the most recent Responder refactoring) as a basis, and build a robust general signals solution for connecting UI, synths, buses, data. Connecting UI/controls to synths easily and elegantly is one of the hardest and most annoying things for new users I think, and doesn't really get much more elegant if you know what you're doing.

- Proper npm-style package manager. Ach. (Been working on this for ages)

Dan did make Quarks2 using GIT and i think that is cool enough for SC4 ( :

npm style thing you mean like "local scopes" so one quark could use a version of a dependency and another quark could use another?

If that's what you mean i think it sounds a bit too much for me, at least for SC4...

But well, that's just my personal impression ( :