Re: Document status, was Re: [sc-dev] writeClientCSS

The reason I’m interested in the Document as part of a standalone is because TextView is, and has traditionally been, too limited (but maybe for no reason anymore, since Qt supports it all). Perhaps all the methods of the Document we’re used to could be implemented in a TextView.

But as Julian says, there might well be user cases where the IDE would be part of the standalone, although I can’t see that those would be many if we had a good TextView class. Julian, what did you have in mind? We’ve got the help browser, post window, server window, and text document all as potentially part of sclang. A superficial thinking of this points only to autocompletion as a feature that sclang wouldn’t provide. (But I’m not a user of the SC IDE, so I might not know what I’m missing).