Re: Document status, was Re: [sc-dev] writeClientCSS

On 03.12.2013, at 14:10, Scott Wilson <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Also, in a standalone version of SC, should we be able to run sclang without the IDE and call Document.new (for us live coders who don’t necessarily want to run the whole IDE when we code)?
>
> Document is *in* the IDE. I think if you want a standalone, you should use TextView in place of it. TextView implementation is a slightly different issue of course.

There are use cases in which you'd definitely want the IDE in the standalone. So the current procedure is still a little too narrowly thought. I think the best would be to omit the compilation stuff and instead allow local (relative) language config files.