Re: [sc-dev] writeClientCSS

Hi Scott

Can I quickly ask about the Document support in the current source?

I built SC to explore the Document class in the source. I can create a new Document by calling Document.new, but it seems to implement very few of the methods the old Document class had. None of the examples I tried in the help file worked (except the path ones).

Also, in a standalone version of SC, should we be able to run sclang without the IDE and call Document.new (for us live coders who don’t necessarily want to run the whole IDE when we code)?

Am I doing something wrong, misunderstanding, or is the Document support still limited? If so, what are the plans? Will we get a support of the old CocoaDocument?

I’m asking as I’d like to port ixi lang to Linux and Windows, but as it looks now it does not seem possible. The methods I use include:

background
stringColor
onClose
keyDown