Re: [sc-dev] HID update (and forward to 3.7)

On 13.11.2013, at 10:48, Scott Wilson <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 13 Nov 2013, at 08:30, Marije Baalman <nescivi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> - HIDFunc, the scheme is clear now, happy to share the design concept,
>>  that we worked out in Bergen; there are anyways some things which are
>>  not entirely clear to me yet about the *Matcher and argTemplate
>>  concepts (Scott, maybe you want to help out here?)
>
> Yes, happy to talk about this! We can do it offlist if you like.

Hi Marije and Scott,

as you posted the link to the repository, I had a quick look, so just a general architectural comment.
I think that the current implementation has a potential duplication - you have HIDDevice and HIDFunc. I am not sure if they are needed.

In the case of OSC messages, for instance, there is just one single extendible function (or list of functions) that responds and all the rest is done by the OSCFunc, which responds to the appropriate parameter combinations.