Re: [sc-dev] change default cue buffer size patch

On 23.11.2013, at 09:01, Lucas Samaruga <samarugalucas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2013/11/19 Lucas Samaruga <samarugalucas@xxxxxxxxx>

> > > It has to be a power of 2 for sure at least for small buffer sizes.
> > in the helpfile it says it has to be a multiple of the block size. multiples of two wouldn't help as much as multiples of block size.
> >

> Appear to be booth, that is what I mean/understand. There is a trick, the data is in different help files.
>
> What I said is wrong. It seems that the diskin note on the bufnum argument is not right.

Yes, in the source file it seems to be:
"buffer must be allocated as a multiple of 2*blocksize."

void DiskIn_next(DiskIn *unit, int inNumSamples)
{
	GET_BUF_SHARED
	if (!bufData || ((bufFrames & ((unit->mWorld->mBufLength<<1) - 1)) != 0)) {
		unit->m_framepos = 0;
		ClearUnitOutputs(unit, inNumSamples);
		return;
	}
	SETUP_OUT(0)

	if (unit->m_framepos >= bufFrames) {
		unit->m_framepos = 0;
	}

	bufData += unit->m_framepos * bufChannels;

	// buffer must be allocated as a multiple of 2*blocksize.
	if (bufChannels > 2) {
		for (int j=0; j<inNumSamples; ++j) {
			for (uint32 i=0; i<bufChannels; ++i)
				out[i][j] = *bufData++;