Re: [sc-dev] [patches] Fix broken Event variants

On 19 Nov 2013, at 01:06, James Harkins <jamshark70@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alternately, we could store a separate entry in the SynthDescLib for
every variant -- optimize speed at the cost of space.

That would seem clearly the most sensible (at least to me!). Since variants are hardly used, the cost would be nothing for most users, and you'd need an awful lot of them to cause any problem. Modern systems can support massive amounts of memory, but Events could be faster! :-)

Also then no conflict with a 'variant' Control.

S.