Re: [sc-dev] Towards SC 4

2013/11/12 Jonatan Liljedahl <lijon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Victor Bombi <sonoro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> +1 to have feedback loops 1 sample length to be able to code anything from
> the synthdef
>
> but I guess that it would be much less efficient than 64 samples

Yes, that's why it would be optional and local. Either per synthdef,
per synth instance, or better yet: for part of the ugen graph.

// per synthdef
SynthDef(\foo, {
}, blockSize:1).add;

// per synth
Synth(\bar, blockSize:1);

// part of graph (my fav)
SynthDef(\zoo) {
  WithBlockSize(1) {
  };
}.add;

Speaking from the almost total ignorance. Could we not make a special kind of loop over the block size?

audio = VerySpecialLoop.ar(in, { arg inBlock, i;
    inBlock[i] = one sample.
});

and translate the code within that special loop into a simple set of low level primitives for operations and buffers which could be efficiently implemented like shaders?

(you asked crazy and groundless ideas right?)