Re: [sc-dev] Towards SC 4

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:44:53 AM HKT, Lucas Samaruga wrote:
- Make a rule that quarks should never overwrite built in library methods
(I
stopped using some quarks because that, breaks things in the worst
moment).

More thoughts later, but I'd be tempted to extend this to ALL class extensions ("+ AClass { ... }").

I resisted this point of view for awhile, but my recent run-in with wslib's String *fill method was the last straw for me.

My other brief thought for now is to unify interfaces. Like, Daniel's emails are highly informative but too often take the form of "you can do that this way... or that way... or a third way... or if you want to bend the space-time continuum, you can even do this..." which is confusing to new users.

Oh, and hot-swapping parts of synth networks (which jitlib does) while still supporting polyphony (which jitlib doesn't, not really).