Re: [sc-dev] call-backs, co-routines and inversion of control

Yes, if it actually changes the behavior of s.bind, please do not push
this to the master branch. Otherwise it will break code. And I would
suggest (again) to push this to a separate experimental branch in any
case, so we can develop a fully working and well tested functionality
instead of bloating the class library by adding half-finished stuff.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Miguel Negrao
<miguel.negrao-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A 08/01/2013, às 09:52, Jonatan Liljedahl escreveu:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Miguel Negrao
>>> The only issue perhaps is that it will not keep the old behavior of the the bind method, since it will always sync on each async action, but from what I was told, all the async actions are run in sequence in the server anyway, so it doesn’t make much difference perhaps.
>>
>> But wouldn't that make a difference in the sclang context? If s.bind
>> now always syncs at the end, and previously did not? One might want to
>> send a bundle, do some langside stuff while the server is working, and
>> only then wait on a sync.
>
> I think you’re right, so this patch would indeed remove that possibility. I would then suggest that this new behavior would be implemented using a different method ( s.do ? ) and that the old behavior would be kept intact.
>
> best,
> Miguel

/Jonatan
http://kymatica.com