Re: [sc-dev] fast forwarding the server

2013/1/6 Hanns Holger Rutz <contact@xxxxxxxx>
btw there are some ideas about extracting and snapshotting state in my paper "Reproducibility and Random Access in Sound Synthesis" (http://cmr.soc.plym.ac.uk/publications/ICMC2011_Rutz.pdf) -- without changing the UGen interface, you will need heuristics in your client about each ugen, and possibly transform them to capture and recall state.

Papers... I like papers. The parametric snapshot is a good idea, I imagine it would imply a redesign of the ugen/graph arch.

I made some reasoning on what is a material logic/concrete, generator/generated and what's the issue with the representation inside here:

http://aeslac2011.fing.edu.uy/ProceedingsAESLAC2011.pdf

in Spanish

@Jonatan I can translate the main ideas if you like (as part of the discussion we never had), but it differs in some structural aspects to your proposal and I guess would not be easy for us to agree.