Re: [sc-dev] fast forwarding the server

if you don't depend on realtime input, i see no problem forwarding the server by letting it calculate as fast as possible... this is _not_ random access yet. of course, with a DAW or something like algoscore you could say the client can do a random seek, but you would still have problems with for example long running synths that depend on initial random seed or chaotic oscillators, or perhaps warming up a long reverb tail. in those cases, the fast-forward makes sense, because you might not want to produce large pre-rendered files. (besides... that's not possible as NRT still doesn't have an OSC interface yet).

best, .h.h.