Re: [sc-dev] c++11 in sc

Hi -

I know nothing of these new features (though they sound like fun).
From my ubuntu/debian packaging perspective I'm happy with the idea:
Ubuntu has had gcc 4.6 for more than a year and it's in the current
LTS release (10.04 doesn't have it, but that's about to run out of its
LTS period); similarly for Debian wheezy and sid (squeeze doesn't have
it but we don't target that). Plus getting rid of some parts of boost
might simplify the linux packaging.

"Range-based for loops" sounds like a very minor issue: it doesn't
seem to me to be a strong justification for cutting off gcc-4.5. It
might be prudent to stay more widely compatible if possible.

I guess the crucial question is whether it would make life hard for
any mac folks.
(Also it should be checked that it doesn't cause pain on windows, even
if the compiler is said to handle it.)

Best
Dan