Re: [sc-dev] Timers

SkipJack has a few differences:
- the name of the class has nothing to do with "timer"
- survives cmdPeriod (as you said)
- most importantly, it always repeats, no one-shot timers

Also it's rather complex compared to a simple lightweight timer, due
to the cmdperiod-survival and storing skipjacks by name, etc. I think
SkipJack has a clear and useful purpose (periodic timer that survives
cmdPeriod), and that it would be nice with a separate simple and clear
timer class similar or equal to the one I posted, instead of extending
SkipJack.

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Jakob Leben <jakob.leben@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Jonatan Liljedahl <lijon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> sclang does not have Timers, in the usual sense of timers in other
>> languages, like NSTimer in obj-c.
>>
>> There is someClock.sched, but those are not cancelable.
>
> Well, there is SkipJack. It survives CmdPeriod, but could easily be
> extended to not...

/Jonatan
http://kymatica.com