[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [sc-dev] Timers
- To: sc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [sc-dev] Timers
- From: Josh Parmenter <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 08:34:40 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=realizedsound.net; s=default; h=To:References:Message-Id:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Date:In-Reply-To:From:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type; bh=S9sSMDZ2b44uR543qjULUhRUpq9lCn66whbjE3c2GCo=; b=vXx13jHvYSFcq+A7p0SDdNDjpB4x0dlQuthzXURgowTbNxtBwq8GA2L9aXiJ3Zcmlxcw/CWiGIgNZdM8C62Js3+H6hMbSfnSIL0+Xgq2cW+DLjq/qtcQAX2Ejde0r1V4;
- In-reply-to: <CALfiFhD=yUbMuz37ddcuQW6t7q3siEcEHj+f09m2ONw=t0DrcA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-id: SuperCollider developers mailing list <sc-devel.create.ucsb.edu>
- References: <CALfiFhD=yUbMuz37ddcuQW6t7q3siEcEHj+f09m2ONw=t0DrcA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: sc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-sc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Dec 29, 2012, at 7:54 AM, Jonatan Liljedahl <lijon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> sclang does not have Timers, in the usual sense of timers in other
> languages, like NSTimer in obj-c.
> There is someClock.sched, but those are not cancelable.
> I attach a TimerItem class that lets you create repeating or
> non-repeating timers that can be cancelled. Perhaps something like
> this would make sense to include in the main lib?
/* Joshua D. Parmenter
“Every composer – at all times and in all cases – gives his own interpretation of how modern society is structured: whether actively or passively, consciously or unconsciously, he makes choices in this regard. He may be conservative or he may subject himself to continual renewal; or he may strive for a revolutionary, historical or social palingenesis." - Luigi Nono
sc-dev mailing list
info (subscription, etc.): http://www.beast.bham.ac.uk/research/sc_mailing_lists.shtml