Re: [sc-dev] sclang crashes on startup / 3.6.2 on OS X 10.6.8

On 25.12.2012, at 20:17 , Tim Blechmann wrote:

>> the supercollider-builds are done with -DSSE=ON -DSSE41=OFF -DSSE42=OFF
>> -DNATIVE=OFF (i really hope i didn't mess something up here but as far
>> as i can remember i edited my build-settings accordingly).
>
> btw, the defaults should be fine on all platforms.
>

>> as far as i know Michael's laptop has a core 2 duo processor which
>> should support sse41.
>
> unfortunately, intel's marketing names do not say a lot about the CPU,
> as the processor core may differs. some core2 duo do not support sse41

just did some research (thought that was easier on a Mac) and see that SSE4 is not supported by my humble MBP:

http://ark.intel.com/products/31729/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-T7800-4M-Cache-2_60-GHz-800-MHz-FSB
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_2/Intel-Core%202%20Duo%20Mobile%20T7800%20LF80537GG0644ML%20%28BX80537T7800%29.html

HTH, Michael.

--