Re: [sc-dev] p tags in docs

Hey Marije,

On 19 Dec 2008, at 20:57, nescivi wrote:

Hiho,

On 12/19/08, Scott Wilson <s.d.wilson.1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hmm. Maybe another solution would be to do the search and replace
dynamically in scel when a help file is opened, but before w3m
renders. That would avoid the problem of a separate set of files and
improve rendering for scel users, while maintaining the status quo for
anything else.

Anders, do you have the Lisp chops for that?

That would not solve the editing problem on Linux.
If the Cocoa HTML turns out to be a bit cleaner with this approach, it
will be less of a hassle to edit helpfiles on Linux and I would
actually be able to fix more issues in Helpfiles as I come across
them.

It's not much different really. <p> tags are just replaced with <div> so not really cleaner. It would render better in w3m though. I still think it might make most sense to use something like Nvu on Linux rather than editing the html directly.

So, if you can do the replace in Cocoa as you proposed, that would
greatly improve things.

It doesn't render properly in SC.app so I think that probably won't work. (See my other message.) But it would look better in scel if the replacement was done on that side before rendering.

S.

sincerely,
Marije