[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[sc-dev] Some 3.3 work
- To: sc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [sc-dev] Some 3.3 work
- From: Click Nilson <clicksonnil@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:50:56 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:content-type:to:from:subject :date:x-mailer; bh=2v/R+rcKnvFluaTQERxSpw+pFpkhH94+B/XBzqDsZNc=; b=s6G79MuBJNjJEMUNYuSXSvJqZVDmyZNxCwAf7dICTg/a56/X/Zb09tfUvua8fq06Jo x6KSEvaJn16lnb4sN54KCzAjUfl4uK179+dLlKMtyzZ8yVLKn98FK44/8bsclbHE/pTZ uzb80BuFnuVXbK+NPGoM3ngTuut83FVXTtWlI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:content-type:to :from:subject:date:x-mailer; b=eoizvt/vbKW+GazWTeDZDYu0A3tcMYIEjf4OAMprP2Jbwpw9MHepRli7ydMJKqtxDm uzPp5UTXBcwPC/df3lZgMs/ru9+HOSgVkx+P41Np16vmHmFETr2hHwcIjH8F34pZNerV Vu+saEXebF3uhho7qXXnN0Tcg24nnY5dJQ9uQ=
- List-id: SuperCollider developers mailing list <sc-devel.create.ucsb.edu>
- Reply-to: sc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-sc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On general SC 3.3 helpfiles, for which I might help to commit a few
changes in the coming weeks, I assume we want to:
--As Scott says, try to make help available for all classes. Archive,
anyone? For more suggestions see below or run the automatic scripts...
--hunt out any uses of AudioIn and replace them with SoundIn
(everywhere except AudioIn helpfile)
--avoid referring just to Enter key on OS X, since some keyboards
don't have this anymore? Or at least making it clear that Ctrl+return
= enter somewhere prominent (like main help). I don't have a new Mac
so haven't encountered this myself yet, but I believe some other
keyboard shortcut might now have been officially set up for this?
Wish list: I wonder if the fading of HTML files over time issue is
now fixed? And could there possibly be a re-indent function for the
editor to help people neaten code?
New GUI redirect classes look great, will be very helpful for cross-
platform teaching. I echo a request for working Windows MouseX and
MouseY UGens, it's one thing that would make cross-platform teaching
ten times easier for beginners.
Dan assigned me sorting out all Convolution UGens to use sc_fft, so
will be working at that (just did Convolution2). I wonder whether
anyone other than Marije uses Convolution2L or StereoConvolution2L? I
guess they've been around for long enough that they just have to be
updated too, sigh...
help missing examples:
everything in IOStream including Post! (who uses Pretty?)
MIDIClient MIDIEndPoint MIDIEvent
Warp and all variants
in Point.sc: PointArray
sc-dev mailing list
info (subscription, etc.): http://www.beast.bham.ac.uk/research/sc_mailing_lists.shtml