Re: [Sc-devel] [sc-users] SwingOSC - Server Panels

Hiho,

the Emacs widgets are not yet GUI compatible; that would need another layer in
between them, discarding all the size arguments which make little to no sense
to the Emacs gui, which is more text based.

ok.
Server.makeWindow is overwritten in the scel extensions in the file
extBuffer.sc

I'll think about how to make it a flag which version of Server.makeWindow is
used...

Maybe we need a function in between for that...
like: makeGui does what makeWindow does now.
makeWindow normally forwards to makeGui, but is overridden like it is now in
the scel extension.
That way you could still use the GUI version if on Emacs by calling .makeGui.

Any objections?
It should not change any normal behaviour for anyone...

sincerely,
Marije