Re: [Sc-devel] Platform, Quarks and stand-alones

2008/2/27, felix <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 7:22 AM, ronald kuivila <rkuivila@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >

> > 3. Insisting on symlinks  breaks the use of Quarks in win32. While Felix'
> and James' rant about win32 was entertaining,
> >

> yes, and after the quip about the horse I suggested on windows we could
> simply copy the folder.
>
> so I already suggested the solution and I've suggested it before but still I
> have heard nothing.

Cool, so let's do it. So installation needs a platformy-switch; does
deinstallation? Deinstallation is (currently) by deleting a symlink;
on Windows, would exactly the same mechanism work to delete the
(copied) folder as well as its contents, or does it need something
special, like the equivalent of "rm -rf"?

Dan