Re: [Sc-devel] When integers go bad

Then don't use integers. You'll get the behavior you want (infinities) and a much larger range of integers if you use Float.

--- james mccartney @ iphone

On Feb 26, 2008, at 2:48 PM, Julian Rohrhuber <rohrhuber@uni- hamburg.de> wrote:

I also think this is not optimal. I've had hard to find bugs with
integer arithmetics because of this.

Hm, OK, well maybe I'm just spoilt by environments like Octave or
Matlab that give you inf when you go off the scale, which is a really
useful warning that you've hit the buffers! (Maybe they use floats
implicitly even for integers.)

Thanks
Dan