[Sc-devel] a desc method for Class

Hi,

I was tinkering about that idea  we were discussing of automatically creating a help file for Ugens, adding some infos.
So, first step here. A desc method returning the description string (if present) from the help file.
Works well for Ugens, classes are a bit messy.
It turns out that it could be useful to spot inconsistencies in help doc format.

Usage:

SinOsc.desc

SinOsc: interpolating sine wavetable oscillator

Pdef.desc

Pdef:  stream reference definition

Helper.desc

Helper: documentation template autogeneration

// troubles here in docs
Resonz.desc

Resonz: !! can't extract description (--> unconsistent help file format)

Vibrato.desc

Vibrato: !! no available description (--> no help file)

Class.desc

Class: !! empty description in help file

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino

"
Think of it as seasoning
. noise [salt] is boring
. F(blah) [food without salt] can be boring
. F(noise, blah) can be really tasty
"
(Ken Perlin on noise)