Re: [Sc-devel] How to make svnless Quarks work...

Maybe I'm saying something unpopular, but, really, just to understand better.

2c:

1. SC is incredibly easy to extend: just put a class file in a recognized folder, then apple+K (or close and reopen)
2. the official extensions (-->quarks) are (sometimes incredibly) tricky to install.

Couldn't we have a svn for developers (like now) and just create automatically a webpage for the users mirroring the quark folder content where people download the quarks they are interested in?
With the option to download them all (as it is now, at least with the complete installer on macosx)?
Isn't it a usual situation that you go to a site to see what are the interesting extensions and download them?
Or maybe, can't we create a gui mirroring the webpage and allowing the user to download stuff from inside SC, using curl or something analogous on Windows?
In case of multiple files/folders we just need to add a global zip file of each quark, there's no need to change the svn dir.

(I think Joshua said something analogous)

Substantially maintaining +- the same quark interface but avoiding svn for users?

Best

-a-