Re: [Sc-devel] How to make svnless Quarks work...

Hi Dan,

Oops, I should have read all my email; I just posted about this as well.

Here are some comments:

1. Getting rid of the error in QuarksSVNRepository:*new does indeed fix the problem (tested on
lab machines w/o svn).

2. I don't really see why the File.exists test is in there at all; QuarksSVNRepository:*initClass does the work and tests all the standard places svn would be installed. If it does not find it, svnpath is set to nil. So, I would suggest losing the extra test (the only time it would be relevant is if you were to delete svn after starting up SC). For the warning, I think it is friendlier to just direct people to tigris for a download.

3. flagging svn is a good idea, but I think we can do it based on svnpath being nil.

I will make an implementation and patch it into 3.2 and try it on a lab machine and report back later.