Re: [Sc-devel] Fwd: [sc-users] Building optional installs in 3.2 source package (OS X)

2008/2/21, James Harkins <jamshark70@xxxxxxxxx>:
> *sigh* We tried, we really tried to make Quarks easier for new users
>  but still managed to f**k it up.

:(

>  I understand why the error was put in -- if you don't have svn, then
>  none of the svn features of QuarkSVNRepository will work -- but it
>  seems a silly design choice then to make it required to initialize the
>  QuarkSVNRepository object before you can do ANYTHING at all with
>  Quarks.

Well, given that that code was probably written back when svn was the
only way to get the quarks, it's not so silly, but it is unfortunate.

This is not going to be trivial to fix but it's pretty important...

Dan