From: James Harkins <jamshark70@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: [sc-users] Building optional installs in 3.2 source package (OS X)

OK, there's a legitimate bug. Somebody thought that

 svnpath.isNil || File.exists(svnpath)

 would shortcircuit the exists() call but it should be svnpath.isNil
 or: { File.exists(svnpath) } for that.

 But anyway, you would still not be able to use Quarks.gui because the
 QuarkSVNRepository class throws an error if there is no svn client
 installed.

 That's a pretty huge oversight, but it's also not surprising that none
 of the devs caught it because we all have svn.

 I'm a bit peeved myself not to have seen this problem coming.

 As a workaround, try commenting this out of QuarkSVNRepository's *new method.

                if(svnpath.isNil || File.exists(svnpath).not,{
                        Error("Path to SVN executable is not correct.  Set
 \n\tQuarkSVNRepository.svnpath = \"/full/path/to/svn\"\n in your
 startup ").throw;
                });

 Or, install the subversion client package (which is really easy and
 painless, actually).

 http://metissian.com/projects/macosx/subversion/

 We'll have to discuss among the developers how to deal with this.

 hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx