Re: [Sc-devel] URGENT: testing needed!!

Hi Marije,

I just checked out rev. 7348. Compiled with scons SCEL=yes LID=yes on
Ubuntu Studio Gutsy.

When starting sced I get the following error:

Could not connect socket
// History.logFolder: /home/john/share/SuperCollider/HistoryLogs
Emacs: No communication FIFO available.
Class tree inited in 0.03 seconds
ERROR: Message 'startup' not understood.
RECEIVER:
   nil
ARGS:
CALL STACK:
	DoesNotUnderstandError:reportError   B6F3DE70
		arg this = <instance of DoesNotUnderstandError>
	Nil:handleError   B6F3E470
		arg this = nil
		arg error = <instance of DoesNotUnderstandError>
	Thread:handleError   B6F3DCF0
		arg this = <instance of Thread>
		arg error = <instance of DoesNotUnderstandError>
	Object:throw   B6F3B850
		arg this = <instance of DoesNotUnderstandError>
	Object:doesNotUnderstand   B6F27F40
		arg this = nil
		arg selector = 'startup'
		arg args = [*0]
	LinuxPlatform:startup   B6F27410
		arg this = <instance of LinuxPlatform>
	Main:startup   B6F273B0
		arg this = <instance of Main>
LID: event loop started

Trying to boot the server then results in:

ERROR: Message 'sceld' not understood.
RECEIVER:
   nil
ARGS:
CALL STACK:
	DoesNotUnderstandError:reportError   B7982BB0
		arg this = <instance of DoesNotUnderstandError>
	Nil:handleError   B7982B50
		arg this = nil
		arg error = <instance of DoesNotUnderstandError>
	Thread:handleError   B7982A90
		arg this = <instance of Thread>
		arg error = <instance of DoesNotUnderstandError>
	Object:throw   B7982A30
		arg this = <instance of DoesNotUnderstandError>
	Object:doesNotUnderstand   B79829D0
		arg this = nil
		arg selector = 'sceld'
		arg args = [*0]
	Interpreter:interpretPrintCmdLine   B77E3E00
		arg this = <instance of Interpreter>
		var res = nil
		var func = <instance of Function>
		var code = "s.boot;"
	Process:interpretPrintCmdLine   B7982970
		arg this = <instance of Main>

With rev 7347 and with SCEL=no it is fine. I don't use scel so I'm not
sure how to test that.

John