Re: [Sc-devel] inf.do { }

but I remember back in 1999 when I was on sc2 on os 9.  a loop like that would lock up the whole machine.  rebooting took like 5 minutes.  I would go get coffee ... come back.  take a guess at the bug ...

nope, that's not it.

fuck.

for me at that time it would take like an hour to locate a bug.

btw.
it probably shouldn't be command-. but a more serious key combo.
because it should stop everything, possibly leaving things in the lang off kilter.
it should only be done so that you can break out of it and recompile.

obviously there's no way to automatically tell if you are stuck in a loop.

On Feb 5, 2008 8:22 PM, Julian Rohrhuber <rohrhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
good idea!
I wonder if the app is reachable once it is in the loop.