Re: [Sc-devel] SC3.2 RC 3 and SC 3.2

On Feb 3, 2008 12:08 PM, Dan Stowell <danstowell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've committed the Server.defaultRecDir thing.

nice.  no matter what the default is, that allows anybody to customize
it cleanly.

> julien schriebt:
> Why not keep a single supercollider specific folder (with
>  subfolders of all kinds) in a place where it can be written to?

I now feel that this should be the default.
I think that dir should be Document.dir

we can title it ~/Documents/SuperCollider (or equiv for linux)
and even post a warning on startup if an ~/scwork folder is detected.

>>> Then
> > > you have to add only one path and it looks the same on different os.
> > > Much easier to understand.

> The only disadvantage I can think of is that sys-admins can't
> > setup a custom startup.rtf.

how about, as someone suggested, running both {app
support}/startup.rtf and {document}/startup.rtf ?