Re: [Sc-devel] startup-files and tempdirs

Given the amount of discussion this topic is generating I'd think that unless options can be given to the user (via Preferences, via command line flags) on the locations of the customisation files, we'll never get everyone happy.

Julian has a good point concerning Music vs sound...

Networked systems are a big concern, where users won't have permissions to reach certain places; this goes for internal folders inside the SC directory sometimes!

Is any solution manageable within the short time frame today? If not, can we accept the current situation that at least we're familiar with?

best,