Re: [Sc-devel] SC3.2 RC 3 and SC 3.2

I'm not proposing to put a 'work' directory in the App Support dir, just the startup file.

Putting a work directory there (or anywhere) presupposes how people want to organise their work, which is basically what I object to with ~/scwork/. I (and I suspect many other people) have nothing in my scwork directory besides a startup file. As I mentioned before, I don't like things which create directories for me in ~/ and I feel the same about ~/Documents/. 2 cents.

App support seems to me the right place for a configuration file, at least on OSX anyway.

recordings/ I'm less fussed about, although putting it in ~/Music/ sort of implies you're recording pieces, which is not the only way the record functionality is used. There's also something to be said for putting things in fewer places rather than more.

S.