Re: [Sc-devel] SC3.2 RC 3 and SC 3.2

I'd actually vote for the chosen work directory, which should be whatever Document.dir is set to.

and the default for that...

well we risk annoying people by moving it.  it they already have an ~/scwork.
we could check for its existence. and if it doesn't exist then:

I like
~/Documents/SuperCollider

which is also standard for applications to do.
Acrobat User Data
eFax Messenger
Microsoft User Data
etc.

it wouldn't affect me (for example) because no matter what the default, I would set it in my own startup to where I already have it.

the problem I see with the application support directory is that it doesn't seem like its for normal everyday work.  it really is out of the way.  its for plug ins, extensions and the like.  or app cacheing.  but not for people to work out of.

so its good for the synth defs I think.

for recordings I still like ~/Music/SuperCollider/recordings
or we could put it also in the chosen work directory wish would leave less of a mess.

you have to consider that some people will play around with this and then forget about it.  they shouldn't have 3 large folders to get rid of.

-cx