Re: [Sc-devel] scons issue for 3.2

On Feb 1, 2008 1:37 PM,  <andersvi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     n> The main issue with the Sconstruct is that the uninstall option does
>     n> not work correctly, i.e. when you do scons -c it will fail, as it
>     n> starts looking for the dependencies, which it should not be doing at
>     n> that point.
>
> Both 'scons -c .' and 'scons -c install' work just fine here.  Are the
> failings specified anywhere?

I think I or someone else reported it somewhere on the list before...
Months ago...

>     n> The same thing happens when you try not to build the package, but want
>     n> to build the debian package.
>
> Perhaps this is related to some debian-packaging thing?

It was definately a scons thing, where it starts looking for all the
packages, no matter which one of the options you try. Basically it
should have a different configuration environment for building the
debian package, from building any of the other programs/libraries.

Ah, I remember one other issue, which was more a plan for a feature,
than a bug. I'd like to create a plugin library to which external
plugins (e.g. the sc3-plugins) can link, so that there is no longer a
need to rebuild from the sc sources, when building the plugins. That
would make that process a lot cleaner, I think.
Also mentioned on the list a couple of months ago.

sincerely,
Marije