Re: [Sc-devel] SC3.2 RC 3 and SC 3.2 [was Re: APF fix]

On Feb 1, 2008 11:26 AM, Dan Stowell <danstowell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry to bang on about this, but I think we need to invest some effort
> in making *sure* that 3.2 is a really nice release, because of the
> book connection in particular. The SC 3.1 release was untidy, since
> everyone noticed problems *after* the release and ended up producing
> 3.1.1 a few days later.

I agree with Dan. Really we're treating the RC as if it were a beta.

In corporate sw dev environments, there's a code freeze for a given
version *months* before the release for QE. And STILL last-minute
bugfixes end up breaking things in the final product. (And
tech-support, where I work, has to clean up the messes.)

James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.dewdrop-world.net

Sing me the universal."  -- Whitman