Re: [Sc-devel] SC3.2 RC 3 and SC 3.2 [was Re: APF fix]

On Feb 1, 2008, at 8:11 AM, Dan Stowell wrote:

Then, I think SC 3.2 should be out early next week (Tuesday or
Wednesday).

No. The release candidate needs to be out for long enough for users to
actually use the thing. Leave it at least a week after 3.2rc3 is out
before we declare it the official 3.2. In normal circumstances a week
would be a pathetically short time to have a release candidate out in
the wild, but in our context here we're never going to manage anything
better than that.

The main reason I think only a few days is needed is because there haven't really been any significant changes. I see this as a bugfix up, that mostly needs to be downloaded and ran. If users can do that, I don't think there is anything else that really needs testing... however, I was just suggesting times. We can space them out as much as anyone else wants (no problem to me).