Re: [Sc-devel] SC3.2 RC 3 and SC 3.2 [was Re: APF fix]

2008/2/1, Josh Parmenter <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I don't think there is anything wrong with one more RC. The changes in
> SVN are mostly fixes. I'll apply the APF fix as well, and add in an
> APF and Harmonics helpfile this afternoon (took a bit to really see
> what Harmoncis can do!).

There are also a few things discussed but not committed. Yes, do
commit those things you mention.

> In talking with Scott, I am also going to update the tour of UGens. I
> think we can have RC3 ready by Sunday night. SInce a deadline seemed
> to work last time, how about if I saw I will package RC3 at 5:00
> Sunday.

Fine by me! However, it's not clear what's going to happen re the
Linux build script; the current Linux version builds and runs fine,
but people (Till? krgn? Marije?) want to rework it so that it fits
with debian package-management. Not sure if that's underway or how
long it'll take...

> Then, I think SC 3.2 should be out early next week (Tuesday or
> Wednesday).

No. The release candidate needs to be out for long enough for users to
actually use the thing. Leave it at least a week after 3.2rc3 is out
before we declare it the official 3.2. In normal circumstances a week
would be a pathetically short time to have a release candidate out in
the wild, but in our context here we're never going to manage anything
better than that.

Dan