Re: [Sc-devel] 3.2 RC cutoff time [was Re: Quarks and svn]

On Jan 27, 2008, at 6:52 PM, James Harkins wrote:

On Jan 27, 2008, at 6:48 PM, Click Nilson wrote:

I can see how a general Quant default mechanism would help resolve this to individual choice over more cases, but we don't have time for the necessary consultation on all this at this late notice; I have to sleep soon anyway.

I don't see why Quant.default needs to be so controversial. If you don't touch it, it doesn't hurt you.

To be less flippant - with the changes that Ron, Julian and I discussed *extensively* off-list, you are already always using a Quant object when playing a Pattern or Task. If the Quant object has quant = 0, phase = 0 and offset = 0 it behaves *exactly* the way you want the default to behave.

In other words, my patch gives you exactly the behavior you want.

I'm sorry that you weren't privy to those off-list discussions, but trust me, we hashed over this for WEEKS before committing. What I am proposing here is not off-the-cuff by any means.
hjh

: H. James Harkins

: jamshark70@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

: http://www.dewdrop-world.net