Re: [Sc-devel] 3.2 packaging

A package installer is actually more complicated for the user than simply dragging to the Applications directory. It is also more complicated for us because we have to handle upgrades for future releases of SC, archiving/managing Application Support, etc.

Wouldn't the best option be to improve Quarks to support UGens and SwingOSC? We could also create a Quarks installation GUI (the current one only manages existing installs AFAIK) and add a menu item for it to encourage new users to explore 3rd party packages.

Do I have write permissions on the sourceforge site to
upload 3.2? Or does Dan have to do this?

I think anyone can do it. I've uploaded the last two releases.

Ryan