Re: [Sc-devel] 3.2 packaging

Separate project, no. Just a tag in the SVN tree. It's possible to
make updates to a tagged release (since it's essentially the same as a
branch), although not recommended (by the official svn book).

Personally I think at this point, it would be a can of worms. For the
most part people can choose to use "frozen" 3.2 or the bleeding-edge
version, and that will cater for the vast, vast majority. If serious
issues arise with 3.2 then we can apply a bugfix patch and simply
update the binary downloads; we don't need to get tangled up in
separate development branches.

I think SC 3.2rc1 should be released TODAY or perhaps tomorrow. I'm a
bit busy so would prefer not to be the one doing it, but if no-one
else volunteers, I'll do it.

Dan