Re: [Sc-devel] 3.2 packaging

I think we should resolve the status of 3.2 too; at what point will a simple download be available on sourceforge? When do we tag the source and when is testing officially over? Afraid I don't know how to tag the source tree, and how to best motivate you all through a testing regime ;  ) I just know we need to resolve this soon.

On the extensions issue, I would just have the extra directory for all third party libraries/quarks/extensions in the SC application folder (and not installed by default), and let the user then place them where they like; maybe have some quark or quark like functionality to put symbolic links in the platform specific extensions as before.
. OR, we just offer a package with the extensions in the SuperCollider_f folder and a README.

So this is the option that seems to require the least future support and causes least messiness on machines. Particularly for those who have multiple versions of SC around!

best
Nick

Josh