Re: [Sc-devel] Server windows

On Jan 26, 2008, at 4:57 PM, Josh Parmenter wrote:

On Jan 26, 2008, at 11:15 AM, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:

the situation I have in mind is several computers using the same
server, as it is common practice in network music.

Aah... finally, I get what you are talking about. sorry about that!
Yes, I think James H's solution makes sense.

Anyone else have a suggestion? If not, James, do you want to commit
the change?

Can do. It does mean that a remote user who tries to mute or change the volume level will get an error, but that may be acceptable.

Users who require all networked clients to be able to tweak a remote server's volume will likely have to set up some kind of client-to-client OSC scheme to transmit changes.

I'll also need to tweak makeWindow so it doesn't die when it looks for a nonexistent Volume.

Or there could be a RemoteVolume object that sends OSC client-to-client, but I don't have time to do that right now.
hjh

: H. James Harkins

: jamshark70@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

: http://www.dewdrop-world.net