Re: [Sc-devel] Alternative to AudioIn?

I admit that this is in some sense an aesthetic issue! But prettier is often easier to understand. :-)

S.

On 20 Jan 2008, at 20:58, Click Nilson wrote:

I'd say despite the indexing quirk, AudioIn is so well known and used
in so much code to date that swapping it out as deprecated for 3.2
might be being a bit too brutal.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just add HardwareIn if you really want
that? (not sure it's needed, and this seems to be making an issue
where previously no-one complained!)

I usually introduce AudioIn early on in teaching, 'In' a bit later,
but never had a problem with students accepting the index quirk.

best,
Nick