Re: [Sc-devel] another dev task before 3.2

Work is not busy now so I was playing around with the latest Windows version.

I keep getting tripped up by places where unix-specific things are
hard coded, especially $/ for a path separator instead of using
thisProcess.platform.pathSeparator like you should.

I'll seek and destroy as many of them as I can, but my time is limited
in the next week. If you run into anything like this, please don't
hesitate to fix it.

This really needs to be a general dev practice. NEVER assume that the
end-user is necessarily going to be on a unix-y OS.
hjh

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to replace it everywhere. Wouldn't it be better if the slash was replaced only in the places where they are sent to (or received from) the OS? Then code would stay consistent, and "/" would be used everywhere.
--

.