Re: [Sc-devel] Helper classes

Scott, Marije, all

New mechanism, using only openHelpFile (no more Document)

So I'd say allow for an explicit path, and if nil fall back on the prompt.

Helper(TestClass2, "/Users/andreavalle/Library/Application\ Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/Help/mine/TestClass2.html")
// TestClass2: a test class
Helper(TestClass2)
// promp for path (must be complete).

Helper(TestClass2, "/test/TestClass2.html")
// this works but then it can't open the resulting help file
// in order to reopen it automatically, the provided folder
// must be one of the recognized ones

Helper(SinOsc, "/Users/andreavalle/Library/Application\ Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/Help/mine/SinOsc.html")
Helper(SinOsc)
// In this case SinOsc has already a help file, so Helper opens that one
// as it calls SinOsc.openHelpFile

Helper("On_Helper", "/Users/andreavalle/Library/Application\ Support/SuperCollider/Extensions/Help/mine/On_Helper.html")
Helper("On_Helper")
// it's a bit boring to repeat the class or the topic name with html as a path
// but I don't see a way to propose to GUI save dialog a fileName, so in that case you would have
// to specify it the same.
// Document was indeed more flexible

(Comments in sources are not updated)

You might also require that classes in Common put Help files in Help/, but maybe that's overkill.

A bit overkill :). More, if I have understood Marije's comments, this would not be allowed on Linux.

Best

Let me know

-a-

You might also require that classes in Common put Help files in Help/, but maybe that's overkill.

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino

I did this interview where I just mentioned that I read Foucault. Who doesn't in university, right? I was in this strip club giving this guy a lap dance and all he wanted to do was to discuss Foucault with me. Well, I can stand naked and do my little dance, or I can discuss Foucault, but not at the same time; too much information.
(Annabel Chong)