Re: [Sc-devel] examples folder

And please either add examples to the folder or send them to me as I am still
working on this.

Hi Thor,
are you still working on this?

I found this RM Octaver on my HD and I re-tested it with the bass.
It implements a nice idea by Puckette

Best

-a-

(
/*

RM octaver

inSignal is RingModulated with a sinusoid with half freq
the resulting spectrum is given by all the components with
half freqs.
This results in a new spectrum one 8ve below with only odd partials
inSignal is the added again, so that even partials are
recovered.

See:
Miller Puckette, The Theory and Technique of Electronic Music, p. 126

-av-

*/

SynthDef.new(\RmOctaver, { var in, out = 0, freq, hasFreq, amp ;
in = AudioIn.ar(1) ;
# freq, hasFreq = Pitch.kr(in) ;
amp = Amplitude.kr(in) ;
Out.ar(out, SinOsc.ar(freq: freq*0.5, mul:amp*4)*in+in);
}).send(s) ;
)

Synth.new(\RmOctaver) ;

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino

I did this interview where I just mentioned that I read Foucault. Who doesn't in university, right? I was in this strip club giving this guy a lap dance and all he wanted to do was to discuss Foucault with me. Well, I can stand naked and do my little dance, or I can discuss Foucault, but not at the same time; too much information.
(Annabel Chong)