Re: [Sc-devel] Servers with nil latency?

Hi Julian and James,

The latency key in the event would be just another time offset like lag, sendBundle would always use Server,latency..
I think James' priority scheme works something like this:

	Ptpar(0, Pevent(bassline, (lag:0.2)), 0.2, sopranoline)

So the bassline computes its notes 0.2 of a beat early, but play in sync with sopranoline.

well I had proposed this earlier, but James McCartney was opposed to using lag as a relative offset. I think we should have an extra key for this. We should think a bit about breaking code, too!

4. hasGate -> it is reasonable to have a fixed length envelope AND a gate for early release

yes, should be possible, I think.
--

.