Re: [Sc-devel] Function:next <=> Function:value?

On 21 Dec 2007, at 13:32, ronald kuivila wrote:

PS: This led to the larger question of when is next not the same as value? By default, they are the same for both Objects and Streams. The best example I found was crucial's Position where value returns the current position and 'next'
advances to the next Position.

But there are a number of classes that redefine next and leave the default value that I did not have the time to look at in detail. It would be worth munging through to see where else the distinction is significant.

Yes, I sometimes wonder if this isn't just a source of inconsistency and errors.

S.