Re: [Sc-devel] [PROPOSE] adding automatic debian package building to SConscript

Hi Marije,

this control file is more or less a joke, it should really be edited so that it reflects the dependencies the package was built against. The  problem with that is though that, so far, it has to be done manually which is laborious. It only matters anyway, if one intends to use it for distribution (which was kind of one of the intentions I guess), nevertheless a lot more has to be done in order for it to comply with all policies debian has set out for building packages. Running 'lintian' on one of those shows a zillion errors/warnings that would have to be ammended before it can be used in 'proper' repos...

greets,

kl

some questions on control:

should there not also be a dependency on:
libasound?

and what does the Pre-Depends mean? why perl?

sincerely,
Marije