Re: [Sc-devel] SuperCollider 3.2 dates; 32nd December?

This seems a good idea.

S.

On 2 Dec 2007, at 16:22, Dan Stowell wrote:

Building on our 3.1 experience may I suggest we use the (fairly
common) methodology of "release candidates"? We need to be very sure
that SC 3.2 is nice and stable, and our approach to 3.1 included
various last-minute things and ended up leading to the need for 3.1.1
as a bugfix release. Not a major problem, but a little untidy.

I'm OK with your suggested deadline, Nick - perhaps that can be the
deadline at which SC 3.2rc1 can be released to the general community?
Then after (say) two weeks, if it seems comfortable and stable we
rename it SC 3.2 (without adding any more modifications!). Otherwise
we produce SC 3.2rc2. Seems a lot of o/s software uses this approach
(e.g. everything from mozillaland) so it might be helpful.

Dan