Re: [Sc-devel] adding UGens / classes

On 27 Nov 2007, at 13:18, blackrain wrote:

What does BufGrain give you that TGrains doesn't?
if you have to ask this then you prolly have to really use them to
tell. Pretty much like asking why would you need *yet* another lpf
when we have one - why a moog yada yada.
sorry totally off line scott.

Well, if it's a case of 'just another flavour', then I'm not sure that's a compelling argument for inclusion.

If you're saying I'm 'out of line' rather than 'off line', I'm not sure why. I'm not arguing against the idea that variants are useful. I make variants myself. But Josh's original post was about whether we should include these UGens in the distro.

Another LPF or moog is likely to be useful to some, but we don't add every LPF that someone comes up with to svn. Some things should be Quarks (once this is worked out for UGens) or separate downloads.

That's what I thought we were talking about.

S.